18 April 2009

I've bought some fabric for the first dress pattern from my post below--a blend of linen and rayon in a very '50s print. And the fabric was only $2 a yard, so buying the four and a half yards was not so very painful. Deciding which buttons to purchase was the hardest part--it's rather difficult to find buttons that don't look like cheap plastic afterthoughts. I toyed with the idea of wooden or shell buttons, but in the end I decided to use fabric-covered buttons so that they wouldn't overpower the dress. Afterall, the design calls for nine down the front, and I don't want people to think "buttons" when I approach.

I've got the fabric drying in the nice warm sun right now, and hopefully I will get to cut the dress out next week.

No comments: