taking stock

26 January 2009




I've been compiling a list of the things I'll need to set up house, and my current preoccupation is dishware. Thus I'm taking stock so that I know exactly what I need when I browse the thrift store shelves.

glasses: 12
tumblers: 4
teacups with saucers: 5
teacups sans saucers: 3
saucers/dessert plates: millions
canisters: 5 big + 12 little
platters: 1
salad plates: 11
bowls: 15
little bowls: 10
mixing bowls: 2
pitchers: 2

The dotted hexagonal plates are representative of the simple everyday pattern I'm collecting, a satisfying fusion of the simple, the farm-y, and the modern. I've picked up eight salad plates and five saucers in this pattern thus far and hope to find dinner plates eventually. Besides these, however, I'll continue to hunt out serving pieces such as casserole dishes, more platters (really trying to find a tiered ceramic piece!), and large mixing bowls. But things are looking pretty good so far.

No comments: