- have nothing much to report. I've been keeping at the same ol' same ol', of course
- made it to four miles--running, that is. That makes 11 miles total this week. My goal is to run 4 to 5 miles three times a week, but this takes so. much. time. I'll get faster, I know, but still...
- found lovely skirts on my thrifting runs, including this deep purple pencil skirt, a long linen/rayon blend black skirt with gorgeous godets, and a long wool wrap skirt in a tobacco color (more about the latter two in a bit)
And here are some interesting posts from around the Web...
- parenting practices differ around the world--in many European countries, mothers leave their sleeping babies outside!
- Okay, I admit it. I look forward to Project Runway each week if only to catch glimpses of the designers' draping and construction processes, which are, regrettably, couched in ludicrous scenarios designed to bring out the b**ch in each competitor. Mission accomplished for the most part. Anyway, The American Sewing Expo is taking its cue from the show by hosting its 5th annual Passion for Fashion this weekend, and Gertie is competing! I would love to see her skills in action, wouldn't you?
- Sarai made another lovely couple of items for the Fall Palette Challenge--her chevron Sorbetto tank really packs a punch!
- Anna's wedding was one of the most simple and elegant celebrations I've seen
- Joanna's pet peeves prompted quite the response--I loved how many fellow "grammar-hammers" surfaced